Lincoln Electric K1278-8 SAE-400 Severe Duty (Perkins)
Great for the Off-Shore Salt Spray and Other Corrosive Environments
For off-shore and other corrosive environments the SAE-400 Severe Duty (The "Silver Bullet") is the preferred choice with its great arc performance, design simplicity, reliability andruggedness! Utilizing customer experience and input from job-site use, it is an upgraded version of the workhorse SAE-400 that you can count on!
• Designed For The Off-Shore Salt Spray Environment
- Stainless steel and hot-dip galvanized case and internal sheet metal parts.
- Stainless steel brushholder assemblies.
- All copper coils.
- Coated radiator, fuel tank, laminations and wire connections.
- Sealed switches.
• Rugged Construction
- Built in a heavy gauge steel case designed for durability on the job site.
- Withstands rough field handling.
• Includes Features Per Mineral Management Services Code
- Spark arrestor and engine air intake shutdown device are standard.
• Dual Continuous Control
- Dual continuous control of both current and open circuit voltage lets operator select the precise arc characteristics needed for each job.
• Heavy-Duty Stick Welding and Arc Gouging
- Excellent for large diameter stick welding and arc gouging with up to 3/8" (10 mm) carbons.
• Heavy-Duty Industrial Diesel Engine
- Perkins 4-cylinder, water-cooled industrial diesel engine offers low maintenance and long life.
• Three-Year Warranty-Three-year Lincoln warranty on welder (engine is warranted separately by the engine manufacturer).
Weight:2210 lbs. (1002 kgs. )
Dimensions (in) H x W x D : 50 x 28 x 83
Dimensions (mm) H x W x D : 1270 x 711 x 2109
Processes Welding Specifications
|Rated CC DC Output Amps/Volts/Duty Cycle
|80-575A DC|Engine Specifications
|Type of Engine
||HP & Speed (rpm)